[Pdns-users] Upgrade from 3.3 to 4.x?

Thiago Farina tfransosi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 10:01:09 UTC 2016

To close the loop here; after upgrading the database schema from 3.x to 3.4,
I was able to upgrade PowerDNS authoritative server from 3.3 to 4.0.1.

Apparently it seems to be working as before and pretty well, and together with
dnsdist in front of it (which seems even awesome).

Here is what I did following the instructions in repo.powerdns.com:

1- create '/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pdns.list' file with:
deb [arch=amd64] http://repo.powerdns.com/ubuntu trusty-auth-40 main

2- create '/etc/apt/preferences.d/pdns' file with:
Package: pdns-*
Pin: origin repo.powerdns.com
Pin-Priority: 600

3- then executed the following commands:
$ curl https://repo.powerdns.com/FD380FBB-pub.asc | sudo apt-key add -
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install pdns-server

Thanks all who devoted time to read this and helped me reach this point.

--
Thiago Farina <tfransosi at gmail.com>