[Pdns-users] Lower limit to network-timeout recursor config parameter ?

Florent Krieg flokrrr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:18:55 UTC 2016

Hello everybody,

Just wanted to know if there was any lower limit to the network-timeout
config param on the recursor?

I have a situation where I want to setup in advance a zone forward to
nameservers not already created in my network, and to avoid long queries I
wanted to setup for instance network-timeout to like 20ms on our recursors.

I have found however that setting this param to less than 500ms is useless,
as it seems to reach its lower value at 500ms. Is that expected ?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Florent