[Pdns-users] Authoritative Server 3.4.9 released

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Tue May 17 09:59:18 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

We're pleased to announce version 3.4.9 of our Authoritative Server.

This is a minor bugfix and performance release. Two contributions by Kees
Monshouwer make 3.4.9 fully compatible with the new single key ECDSA default
that is coming in version 4.0.0.

Tar.gz and packages are available on:

* https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/
* Soon: https://www.monshouwer.eu/download/3rd_party/pdns/
   (RHEL/CentOS, with the usual huge thanks to Kees Monshouwer).

Warning: Version 3.4.9 of the PowerDNS Authoritative Server is a major upgrade
if you are coming from 2.9.x. Additionally, if you are coming from any 3.x
version (including 3.3.1), there is a mandatory SQL schema upgrade. Please
refer to the Upgrade documentation for important information on correct and
stable operation, as well as notes on performance and memory use.

Find the downloads on our download page,
https://www.powerdns.com/downloads.html

Changes since 3.4.8:
- [commit 4627ea0](https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/commit/4627ea0), [commit 8350828](https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/commit/8350828): use OpenSSL for ECDSA signing where available (Kees Monshouwer)
- [commit 558ff84](https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/commit/558ff84): allow common signing key (Kees Monshouwer)
- [commit 280d665](https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/commit/280d665): Add a disable-syslog setting
- [commit 58d6ab6](https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/commit/58d6ab6): fix SOA caching with multiple backends (Kees Monshouwer)
- [commit e9e413f](https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/commit/e9e413f), [commit 6af4652](https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/commit/6af4652): whitespace-related zone parsing fixes [ticket #3568](https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/issues/3568)
- [commit 7473a5e](https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/commit/7473a5e): bindbackend: fix, set domain in list() (Kees Monshouwer)