[Pdns-users] redis as backend for pdns authoritative

Mario Caruso caruso at tiscali.com
Thu May 12 14:02:54 UTC 2016

Thanks Ruben
I'm actually testing the "PyPdnsRedis" backend
(https://pagekite.net/wiki/Floss/PyPdnsRedis/);
I was wondering if somebody else used it to
exchange experience on it.

If I've understood how it works, in this implementation
all records are stored as hash into redis.
So for example if I create a SOA record for "foo.local"
and then I create an A record for "www.foo.local", they're
just two hashes, each one contains a single string field.
If I add an MX record for "foo.local" it becomes the second
string field inside the hash object created for "foo.local".

thanks again

M.
  () ASCII Ribbon Campaign
  /\ Against HTML E-Mail