[Pdns-users] PDNS Recursor Alpha - RAM usage

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Mon May 9 06:49:18 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 09:06:01AM +0800, Chris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been running the alpha of PowerDNS recursor
> (4.0.0~alpha2-1pdns.jessie) for a while but seem to be having issues with
> the memory usage of it after a while.

Hi Chris,

We solved a memory leak in 4.0.0 recently, you might find that the packages
from https://repo.powerdns.com/ don't leak.

commit b275b9171d3fcf272d6b3fc94b8c5b2af478939e
Author: Remi Gacogne <remi.gacogne at powerdns.com>
Date:   Mon May 2 17:24:08 2016 +0200

    rec: Fix a memory leak in DNSSEC validation

    `DNSCryptoKeyEngine::makeFromPublicKeyString()` returns a naked
    pointer to a new object.

Can you check if it helps? The master packages are better than the alpha
packages in all ways we know about.

	Bert