[Pdns-users] Powerdns Problem with Delegation to Isilon.

David opendak at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 23 16:21:59 UTC 2016

On 2016-03-23 9:03 AM, syaginf wrote:
> What is interesting with
> forward-zones=isilon.hpc=192.168.3.0 set
> if I do dig and point to recursor dns and port - I get the A record I need.
> But when I ask PDNS server i don't get A record.
> So it seems like I need to do something that would make PDNS ask recursor
> about this and it's not happening right now.
>
> I can ask for things like google.com and get response fine so there is
> communication with recursor happening.

Sounds like you are doing things backwards. You should be asking all
your questions to the recursor and the recursor will have a forward zone
for your internal domain to your pdns-auth server. That way, the
recursor is doing what it does best (recursive lookups) and your
pdns-auth server is just doing auth.

Does that make sense?