[Pdns-users] Pdns with MS-SQL backend

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Sun Jul 24 13:34:20 UTC 2016

Hi Amir,

There are no UIs with MS SQL support that I know of. However, you should use the API along with an API-based UI: https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/wiki/WebFrontends

> 2- I can not transfer zone records from my microsoft dns server to the powerdns .    I have read all of the articles in this issue but But I did not succeed .
> You can see pdns.conf at the following :
> daemon=yes
> #guardian=yes
> launch=godbc
> godbc-datasource=mssql
> godbc-username=amir
> godbc-password=SalamAmir11
> setgid=pdns
> setuid=pdns
>
> disable-axfr=yes
> allow-axfr-ips=185.44.36.36/24
> #master=no
> #slave=yes
> #slave-cycle-interval=60
> ########## rsyslog logging
> logging-facility=1
> loglevel=7

You should remove the `#` in front of slave (so PowerDNS will actually AXFR the zones in). After that, add the zones from the MS DNS in the domains table with type 'SLAVE' and the master field set to the MS DNS IP Address. When your zones are transferred, you can e.g. change the zone type in the database and disable slave support again (should this be required).

Best regards,

Pieter

--
Pieter Lexis