[Pdns-users] PowerDNS Backend MySQL QPS

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Mon Jul 18 20:47:00 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 03:41:37AM +0700, Genzo Rey wrote:
> I'm looking for new Nameserver solutions for my company. I build 1 VPS
> PowerDNS 512 MB RAM and 1 VPS MySQL 512MB RAM to test performance (qps).
> This is my results:

Hi Genzo,

Did you try 100000 unique queries?

Secondly, which version of PowerDNS did you test?

Finally, during testing, can you enable graphing? See
https://blog.powerdns.com/2014/12/11/powerdns-graphing-as-a-service/ - this
shows what PowerDNS is doing as it answers your questions.

>   Queries per second:   2131.778761

If this is all cache misses on a low-power VPS on 3.x.x, with lots of
domains, this number is not unexpected.

Can you try 4.x.x and with the graphs? That will allow us to see if
performance is what you could expect.

	Bert