[Pdns-users] New blogpost: per-device MAC address based DNS policies

bert.hubert at powerdns.com bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Wed Jan 27 12:18:40 UTC 2016

Hi,

We're blogging up some new and exciting PowerDNS 4.0.0 and dnsdist features.

Earlier we posted:
http://blog.powerdns.com/2016/01/19/efficient-optional-filtering-of-domains-in-recursor-4-0-0/

"In this post, we¿ll explain how to efficiently use the PowerDNS Recursor to
optionally block certain domains for some or all of your users. This could
be to stop users being tracked, to block advertisements or to protect
against malware. The simple scripts below scale to millions of domain names
and millions of users, all with acceptable startup times (seconds)."

Today we added:
http://blog.powerdns.com/2016/01/27/per-device-dns-settings-selective-parental-control/

"A problem however for other kinds of filtering is that subscribers
typically
share a single IP address among all their devices. This makes it hard to
provide ¿parental control¿ to the kids¿ tablets, but not to other computers
in the household
With the configuration outlined above, it is easily possible to provide
per-device DNS filtering instructions for each subscriber"

We will be continuing this series until and beyond the 4.0.0 and dnsdist 1.0
releases. Let us know if there is a topic you'd like to see covered!

        Bert