[Pdns-users] ddns performance of pdns

Thomas Mieslinger miesi at pc-h.de
Thu Feb 25 11:01:19 UTC 2016

Hi,

today I wanted to migrate my ddns master from bind to pdns. 3 DHCP
Servers sent a about 50 updates per second to the pdns 3.4.8 and only
one or two updates per second could be successfully commited to the
database.

All failed transactions rolled back after trying to edit the SOA record.

I'm using 5.1.73-log MySQL Community Server.

I'm using REPEATABLE-READ transaction-isolation and

distributor-threads=2
receiver-threads=10

as pdns performance settings.

I tried to disable SOA-EDITs with domainmetadata

SOA-EDIT-DNSUPDATE   | SOA-EDIT
SOA-EDIT             | NONE

but that didn't change anything.

What DDNS performance do you get from your pdns instances with which
settings?

Thanks Thomas