[Pdns-users] /api/v1/servers/localhost/zones/example.com STL Exception:All data was not consumed

jrd-pdns at jrd.org jrd-pdns at jrd.org
Sun Dec 11 15:09:43 UTC 2016

    From: Peter Nunn <pnunn at infoteq.com.au>
    Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 22:49:18 +1100

    Thank you for the input.

    I have added the 4.0.x repository as suggested and upgraded to 4.0.1.

    pdnsutil returned the following on one of the broken zones

    pdnsutil check-zone example.com
    Dec 11 22:44:49 Reading random entropy from '/dev/urandom'
    [Error] Following record had a problem: example.com IN SOA
    ns1.example.com hostmaster.example.com 2016110702 28800 7200 604800 86400
    [Error] Error was: All data was not consumed
    [Error] No NS record at zone apex in zone 'example.com'
    Checked 23 records of 'exapmle..com', 2 errors, 0 warnings.

    Does that shed any light. I suspect database corruption during the
    manual database schema upgrade?

A bit of a long shot, but worth a quick test:  I recently updated pdns
version, and apparently missed a step.  I ended up with
records.disabled all being set to NULL.  Some debugging revealed that
there's a place in the code where it's checking whether that column is
1 or 0.  Setting all my record.disabled values to 0 made everything
start working again.

    Peter.

    --
    Peter Nunn