[Pdns-users] Install and setup on Ubuntu server 16.04

Palm Internet admin at palmsecure.biz
Sun Dec 11 09:42:21 UTC 2016

Hi Guys

I am having major issues getting PDNS-server with mysql backend to run on
Ubuntu server 16.04

I am using a 64 bit op system

Installing is fine and I can get the server to run. However it keeps failing
to answer queries

Using gmysql and connecting to the database on a separate server or even
having the database on the local server pdns starts and distributes the
threads with no issues but it always fails when testing to retrieve the
records

I am using the database from the earlier version of PDNS database, I have
also imported all the records into the new version of the pdns database

Still it fails to answer queries

Pdns local conf is straight forward and as follows

launch=gmysql

gmysql-host=*********

gmysql-dbname=*******

gmysql-user=**********

gmysql-password=*******

Any help would be appreciated. I have removed the installation and am about
to start again

Many thanks

Patrick