[Pdns-users] Allow recursion on only one IP

Dan Campbell pdns at w3eta.net
Mon May 11 13:54:42 UTC 2015

Since the PowerDNS Recursor and PowerDNS Authoritative server are two different products, you’ll need to run both anyway.

Run the recursor listening only on IP#1 (using the local-address setting) and the authoritative server listening only on IP#2 (using the local address setting).

During your transition phase you can use the forward-zones setting in the recursor on IP#1 to forward requests for specific domains to the auth server on IP#2.

This is assuming I understood your question.
—
Dan Campbell