[Pdns-users] Is there a place that the backend needs to be registered in powerdns

sumit sharma sksumit1 at gmail.com
Mon May 25 08:43:35 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I have written my own custom backend. Mostly inspired by the gmysql backend.

The build etc is working fine. But when i launch it , i get the below error

 ./pdns/pdns_server --config-dir=/mypath/pdns/ --daemon=no --guardian=no
May 25 13:51:44 Reading random entropy from '/dev/urandom'
May 25 13:51:44 Loading '/usr/local/lib/pdns/libmycustombackend.so'
May 25 13:51:44 Fatal error: Trying to launch unknown backend 'mycustom'

Is there a place where i need to register my backend?

Thanks