[Pdns-users] API issue

Christian Hofstaedtler christian.hofstaedtler at deduktiva.com
Thu Mar 5 10:20:21 UTC 2015

Hi,

> On 05 Mar 2015, at 10:57, Melvin Mughal <melvin at mughal.nu> wrote:
>

> The curl commands I run form my own system to the server:
>

> curl -s -H 'X-API-Key: otto' http://xxx.xx.xx.xx:8081/servers/localhost
>

> curl -s -H 'X-API-Key: otto' http://xxx.xx.xx.xx:8081/servers/localhost/zones
>
> And it just returns nothing. So the crud in the API key wasn't an issue I guess. No errors and also no result. But there is a zone file in there, so it should be returning something. I restarted pdns a million times and still no 8081 port listening with this config.

You need to stop being unspecific, and you need to stop using “-s” for curl — “nothing” is not a helpful description of an outcome.

Start curl with -v and report back both the exact, unmodified curl command line and the complete output curl produced. You do not need to mask your IP addresses, nobody’s going to bother, esp. if those are in an RFC1918 range anyway.

--
Christian Hofstaedtler / Deduktiva GmbH (FN 418592 b, HG Wien)
www.deduktiva.com / +43 1 353 1707