[Pdns-users] API issue

Melvin Mughal melvin at mughal.nu
Thu Mar 5 09:57:49 UTC 2015

I actually just copied/adjusted your config and run the same curl commands.
So my config in the pdns.conf for the API:

*webserver-address=ip address of the server*

*webserver-allow-from=0.0.0.0, ::/0*

*webserver-port=8081*

*webserver=yes*

*experimental-api-key=otto*

*experimental-json-interface=yes*

The curl commands I run form my own system to the server:

*curl -s -H 'X-API-Key: otto' http://xxx.xx.xx.xx:8081/servers/localhost
<http://xxx.xx.xx.xx:8081/servers/localhost>*

curl -s -H 'X-API-Key: otto'
http://xxx.xx.xx.xx:8081/servers/localhost/zones

And it just returns nothing. So the crud in the API key wasn't an issue I
guess. No errors and also no result. But there is a zone file in there, so
it should be returning something. I restarted pdns a million times and
still no 8081 port listening with this config.