[Pdns-users] Configure private subdomain

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Tue Mar 3 11:48:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 01:31:21PM +0200, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> We are using pdns-2.9.22 with LDAP backend, using the "Simple" LDAP
> architecture.
(...)
> internal.example.com and to not send AXFRs to the other master
> servers, as specified in nSRecord attribute, for this particular
> subdomain.
>
> How can we do this?

I'm not entirely sure I understand your question, since AXFRs are not sent
but requested. However, I am sure that 2.9.22 can't do this.

In the 3.4 series we do have options to configure AXFR behaviour per domain,
https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/domainmetadata/ has a list.

So any solution will have to be found beyond 2.9.22. I am unsure how well
LDAP works in those releases though.
https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/backend-ldap/ has some words.

	Bert