[Pdns-users] Important PowerDNS announcement: merging with Open-Xchange!

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Tue Mar 24 10:37:44 UTC 2015

Hi everybody,

We’re currently at World Hosting Days[1] in Rust Germany, where we just
announced that PowerDNS will be joining the Open-Xchange family of
companies.  Last week it was also announced[2] that the famous Dovecot IMAP
server project is now a part of OX[3] too.

We’ve been working with Timo and his team at Dovecot and with the OX Team in
Email Security projects and are already sharing personnel and infrastructure
with each other and the cooperation works really well for all of us.

>From the Open-Xchange[4] website: “With over a decade of developing
open-source software, Open-Xchange believes that only by engineering
ruthlessly open products and services can the next generation of innovation
emerge on the web.  “Stay Open” contains many aspects of how we develop,
engineer and deploy our products together with and for client-partners.”

We fully believe in that mission, and are glad that PowerDNS will become
part of the Open-Xchange family.  It will be great to have Timo and friends
from Dovecot as cousins!

We’ll share more details of what the merger will and will not mean, but rest
assured PowerDNS will stay as open and as community friendly as it has ever
been.

Meanwhile, if you are at WHD, please come meet us at the Open-Xchange booth!

Also if you have any concerns, worries or questions about this development,
please contact us.

Bert, Peter and Pieter

[1] http://whd.global/
[2] http://www.open-xchange.com/announcements/18