[Pdns-users] GEOIP Balancing

Aki Tuomi cmouse at youzen.ext.b2.fi
Fri Jun 12 18:22:15 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 08:40:26PM -0400, Stan Weatherby wrote:
> Currently have PDNS installed in a master/slave conf. Been trying to find decent docs on installing and configuring GeoIP Balancing. Anyone know where I may be able to find it?
>
> All I found was this: https://doc.powerdns.com/md/authoritative/backend-geoip/
>
> Best,
> Stan

Hi!

There are *two* different (probably soon three) backends providing ip-based geo balancing.

To use GeoIP backend, you need libyaml0.5-dev and libgeoip-dev. I cannot remember if it's
distributed along with PowerDNS binary packages.

For Geo backend follow the instructions sent by Kai Bojens.

As author of GeoIP backend, I am interested to hear what problems you are facing with the manual page.

Aki