[Pdns-users] pdns-recursor works but pdns discards responses

rooster yawowb+pdns-users at nuclei.ca
Wed Jan 28 03:35:52 UTC 2015

> Hi,
>
> We start with pdns_recursor and then forward some to pdns. We had your
> setup with pdns_recursor behind pdns and had some issues with pdns >= 3.
> According to the developers that is not really supported. I do not know
> if what is happening to you is similar.
>
> Regards,
> Ken

Thank you for the input. I just verified which versions I have installed :

pdns-server = 3.3
pdns-recursor = 3.5.3

What should happen is pdns-server should only respond to queries that I have host information for. All other queries should go to pdns-recursor which will then reply back down the chain. There will be no outside access to pdns-recursor, only localhost and other devices inside the local network.