[Pdns-users] timeout during zone AXFR

Mario Caruso caruso at tiscali.com
Mon Aug 24 09:38:09 UTC 2015

Hello list,
I'm facing an issue with my powerdns installation regarding
a huge zone to transfer, my setup is based on debian wheezy
64 bit and I'm using pdns_static 3.4.5 (downloaded it from
powerdns website).

What is happening is that if I try to transfer the huge zone , the
query to list all records takes more than 10s, and pdns logs the
following error :

"TCP nameserver had error, cycling backend: GSQLBackend list query:
Failed to execute mysql_query, perhaps connection died? Err=1: Lost
 connection to MySQL server during query"

I've already searched the list and found some posts where it is
suggested to change connect_timeout , I did it but still I have
a 10s timeout in the list query

show variables like 'connect_timeout';
+-----------------+-------+
| Variable_name   | Value |