[Pdns-users] Oracle/goracle - bug or my lack of knowledge?

Aki Tuomi cmouse at youzen.ext.b2.fi
Tue Sep 9 14:11:43 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 01:31:46PM +0000, Leo Vandewoestijne wrote:
> On Mon, 08 Sep 2014, Aki Tuomi wrote:
>
> > I cannot see you trying these in the pastes you attached. Can you show the
> > full configure line with these?
> >
> For
>  --with-oracle-libs=<path> it clearly is:
>  --with-oracle-libs=$ORACLE_HOME/lib (or, the absolute equivalent of that).
> I guess that's the default.
>
> To be honest I've already deleted the (VirtualBox) Ubuntu and Debian instances.
> I still have the Oracle Linux (dev. version) one.
>
> But for
>  --with-oracle-includes=
> anything I tried made it only fail faster, so whatever I did was wrong anyway.
> This seems to work:
>  --with-oracle-included=/usr/include/oracle/12.1/client64
> But again I guess it's the default, and to me doesn't seem needed.
>
> > I would also recommend that you use the *oracle* backend instead of *goracle* if you can.
> >
> Yep; I figured from your previous posts. As oracle was failing I just tried my luck on goracle.
>
> > Also, where are your headers?
> >
> You mean Boost headers?

No, oracle headers. We are talking about oracle backend issues,.

> Or OCI headers? I see them in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/public as required.
> In $ORACLE_HOME/lib I only see:
> [root at localhost dbhome_1]# ls lib/ | grep OCI
> [root at localhost dbhome_1]# ls lib/ | grep oci
> libocijdbc12.so
>
> [root at localhost pdns-3.3.1]# ./configure --without-lua --with-modules=oracle --enable-cryptopp --with-oracle-included=/usr/include/oracle/12.1/client64
> --with-oracle-libs=/u01/app/oracle/product/12.1.0/dbhome_1/lib/
> configure: WARNING: unrecognized options: --with-oracle-included

You typoed --with-oracle-includes, but no worries

> checking for oci.h... yes

the default worked.

> checking for OCIEnvInit in -lclntsh... no
> checking for OCIEnvInit in -lclient12... no

This is the real problem, but to figure out why it fails, you need to put config.log somewhere and send a link to it. Do not email the file please =)

> configure: error: Could not find client libraries
>

> I'm also curious why PolarSSL fails (I installed the official package),

PolarSSL failure is not critical, it is shipped with pdns anyways.