[Pdns-users] Recursor: Black list

Ciro Iriarte cyruspy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 13:40:34 UTC 2014

>> > Hi Ciro,
>> >
>> > We used a CDB key value store. It was easy to use/update and had
>> > very good performance. "grepping" is O(n*n) so it will tank as
>> > your list grows and you really don't want to slow down your DNS
>> > lookups.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Ken
>>
>> Hi Ken, I'll look at the LUA+CDB mix given it seems more elegant, any
>> document specific for PDNS you can point me to?
>>
>> Regards,!
>>

> Hi,
>
> No PDNS specific documentation, we used the CDB map to allow the
> blacklist to be update without needing to restart the recursor
> and lose all the cached DNS lookups. We wrote a function similar
> to the example Lua script using a CDB map instead.
>
> Regards,
> Ken

Hi Ken!, would you be willing to publish/share your implementation?.
Having two different rules (two groups, each group with different
answers), do you think it's best to use two scripts?, or just push
more data to the CDB (A record expected + answer) and use one script?

Regards,

--
Ciro Iriarte
http://iriarte.it