[Pdns-users] powerdns question

Aki Tuomi cmouse at youzen.ext.b2.fi
Tue Jul 22 09:32:53 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 12:26:06PM +0300, Keresztes Péter-Zoltán wrote:
>  Here is the trick I don’t know anything about propagation,
>
> What I did is I have set up the domain records in powerdns with NS and all the required items and after about 2 hours I could resolve the domain.
>
> I am for sure not using AXFR since that (as far as I can understand is used for master - slave propagation) while I am propagating the DNS records between name servers via mysql replication as I mentioned earlier.

mysql native replication should be instantaneous. Can you confirm this by using

dig changed.record @ns1

and

dig changed.record @ns2

you are probably experiencing TTL expiration issue on recursor, it takes time
(depending on your TTL and recursor settings) before the old infomration is
removed from recursor cache.

Aki