[Pdns-users] LDAP schema

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Mon Feb 24 22:22:29 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 10:52:36PM +0100, Marco de Booij wrote:
> op 24-02-14 22:00, Gavin Henry schreef:
> >>I run a Debian Wheezy server and I just installed powerdns and the LDAP backend. The openLDAP I run uses the internal configuration and for that I need to insert the schema from an LDIF file. powerDNS is only installed with the dnsdomain2.schema which cannot be used directly. Is the dnsdomain2.ldif file somewhere available? I think that there are more people who need that file since this is the way that openLDAP is going to be configured. I already searched this maillist but could not find a question/reply and the internet did not help too.
> >Hi Marco,
> >
> >It's pretty easy to convert any regular schema to an ldif version. Did you try?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >
> I did not try it yet. I should have but I thought that someone else
> would already have done this for powerDNS. It is the new way to
> configure openLDAP and it would be a lot easier if it was done once
> and added to the package so that not everybody has to do it each for
> themselves.
>
> I will do the conversion this week. I am a bit short in time :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marco

Hi Marco,

Before you march too far down this path you may want to heed this note in the
documentation:

As of PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.0, the LDAP backend is unmaintained.
While care will be taken that this backend still compiles, this backend is
known to have problems in version 3.0 and beyond! Please contact
powerdns.support at netherlabs.nl or visit www.powerdns.com to rectify this
situation.

Regards,
Ken