[Pdns-users] [Pdns-announce] Related to recent DoS attacks: Recursor configuration file guidance

Rygl Aleš ales at rygl.net
Fri Feb 7 05:14:08 UTC 2014

Hi everybody.

I have just verified that increasing filedescriptors works. The recommended
value of 4096 may not be enough when you are ISP. I have 16384 now and using
lsof to count open files shows nearly 10.000 open files. The amount of
requests is not high about 2.000 q/sec.

Should I increase also the number of max-mthreads under these conditions (4096
now) ?

Regards
Ales

On Thursday 06 of February 2014 20:23:53 Peter van Dijk wrote:
> Hello Asif,
>
> to my knowledge, there is no updated RPM. In your case, please look at
options 1, 2 and 3 in the blog post at
http://blog.powerdns.com/2014/02/06/related-to-recent-dos-attacks-recursor-
configuration-file-guidance/

> If you do those things, you do not need a patched package.
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> Peter van Dijk
> Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/
>
> On 06 Feb 2014, at 16:51 , Asif Murad Khan <asifmuradkhan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Bert,
> >
> > We have use CentOS 6.4 64-bit and install pdns-recursor 3.5.3-1 from
monshouwer repository. now we have not face any ddos attack problem. but we
want to update it. have we get any update via repo.