[Pdns-users] Why is pdns searching for NS records at the sub-domain level?

chayes chayes at afo.net
Tue Sep 3 17:56:48 UTC 2013

I am trying to get wildcard working.
I notice that pdns is querying the database looking for NS records at the
subdomain level, which I did not expect.
I have only seen NS records exist at the domain level and that is how our
DNS server is set up.
This behavior is preventing me from being able to implement wildcard
subdomain.
How can I get pdns to look for A records at the subdomain level, and
everything else at the domain level?