[Pdns-users] Per-record packet cache override

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Mon Sep 2 18:11:29 UTC 2013

Hi Jonathan,

> Are there any other options people employ to overcome this?
>
> What I'd ideally like to do is somehow signal to the packet cache not to attempt to cache specific records so that they're retrieved fresh each time. Is there a mechanism in PowerDNS that exists to do this?

Since https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/commit/606018f20c2fb75f76868202d0ffef57062e8104 (which is in 3.3), pipebackend replies that set a scopeMask will disable the cache. So, any backend that can set scope mask (pipebackend with abi v3, remotebackend) can avoid caching for specific records.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/