[Pdns-users] Question regarding backend threads in PDNS

Seema Datar sdatar at yahoo-inc.com
Wed Oct 30 06:31:19 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I run PDNS with multiple backend threads. I need to introduce counters in the threads.  I also need to flush those counters periodically to a data store. I was evaluating spawning another thread to periodically flush these counters to the datastore. The question is can I spawn another backend thread that does not necessarily implement all the interface methods (lookup, getSOA etc.). What will be a recommended way to achieve this?

Thanks,
Seema