[Pdns-users] Supermaster error

Gregg greggk1 at cox.net
Thu May 9 22:54:36 UTC 2013

Hello,

I've been trying to setup a PDNS server for a while now.  I have a local
setup that seems to work perfectly.  Two PDNS server with MySQL replication.

Now I have been trying to get PDNS to act as superslave for a few other
servers.

I have configured everything properly, added the supermaster IP address to
supermaster.

The error I'm getting is this:

Error resolving SOA or NS for tester.com at: hostIP: Timeout waiting for
answer from hostIP

This is happening on a live server.

Locally I did the same exact setup, using 2 powerdns servers and 1 blueonyx
server.  The 2 powerdns servers are replicating via mysql perfectly, and the
blueonyx server is acting as a supermaster. When I add a domain on the
bluonyx is gets transfered automatically to the powerdns.

So I used this exact same configuration on the "Live" server and I get the
above error.

Any ideas of what could be happening?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Gregg