[Pdns-users] Oracle backend connection string.

a b tripivceta at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 27 14:44:24 UTC 2013

> Thanks for the patches. Does generic-oracle backend support dnssec and
> autoserial? These are two functionalities I'm looking for:)

You are welcome, but all the thanks should go to Aki Tuomi; I do not deserve anything.

As for "goracle" backend, I read the pdns documentation several times, and try as I might, I could not figure out how to make it work, so eventually I ditched it and went with the "oracle" backend. With those patches, it works beautifully. Never looked back.

(I muse what the point of a backend is, if it is so hard to use that one cannot figure out how to make it work. *Hint* *hint* how about a documentation overhaul, powers-that-be?)

Apropos DNSSEC, I have not had time to study the technology yet and can therefore make no comment on it. I know virtually nothing about DNSSEC. Perhaps others on this mailing list might be able and willing to shed light on the subject at hand.

Apropos autoserial, we started with the sample PL/SQL example included in the archive, and I rewrote the PL/SQL procedures and the triggers, and that works beautifully. I think the included example code is usable, it just needs some love.

The autoserial code is embedded in modules/oraclebackend/schema.sql.