[Pdns-users] Building pdns RPMs using custom LDAP libraries/headers

a b tripivceta at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 22 16:23:33 UTC 2013

> > You need to pass --libdir=/usr/local/openldap/lib64 on the %configure
> > line.
>
> Tried that, but the same error occurred.

I did not mean that literally, sorry for the confusion. What I meant is that you muss pass the equivalent of --libdir=/usr/local/openldap/lib64 by using --libdir=%{_libdir}, which is a special RPM built-in macro.
What this means is that your ~/.rpmmacros file is either incorrect or non-existent.
~/.rpmmacros must exist before attempting to (re)build RPM packages, and it must be correct. That is not optional.
Sample, working .rpmmacros file:%HOME           %{expand:%%(echo $HOME)}%_topdir        %{HOME}/devel/rpms%__printf       /usr/bin/printf%MY_BASE        opt/openldap%__python       /%{MY_BASE}/bin/python%_defaultdocdir /%{MY_BASE}/share/doc%_prefix        /%{MY_BASE}%_sysconfdir    /etc/%{MY_BASE}%_mandir        /%{MY_BASE}/share/man%_infodir       /%{MY_BASE}/share/info%_localstatedir /var/%{MY_BASE}
The above .rpmmacros file is configured to comply with the Linux Standards Base ("LSB") Filesystem Hierachy Standard ("FHS") I mentioned earlier.
You should rebuild openldap RPM with the above .rpmmacros file sitting in your home directory. With it, the %{_libdir} macro should be set correctly by RPM, and it will be passed on the %configure line correctly; however, you might still need to append to, or override CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS, CPPFLAGS, and LDFLAGS, depending on whether the ./configure script works correctly or not.