[Pdns-users] Pdns Remote vs Pipe backend performance

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed Mar 6 15:45:59 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 05:42:54PM +0200, Aleksey Chudov wrote:
> On 06.03.2013 16:22, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> >Could you please open a ticket about the patch above so we could
> >get it included in to powerdns, it looks really useful to me. +1
> >Aki
>
> Ticket opened http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/ticket/714
>

> And what do you think about the implementation of Pipe protocol over
> unix socket?

Hi Aleksey,

We're looking into it right now, it seems a worthwhile idea that should not
be too hard to implement.

One thing I wonder about - why is it hard to do pipe to your java platform?
Is it hard to launch the JRE from PowerDNS?

Thank you for opening the ticket, it is the best way to get us to merge
things ;-)

	Bert

--
PowerDNS Website: http://www.powerdns.com/