[Pdns-users] my pdns does'nt use my recursor

Bill Yuan bycn82 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 02:24:28 UTC 2013

hi
I configured two ip addresses on my local linux for pdns, 1.1.1.1 for
the pdns, and 2.2.2.2 for it's recursor.

and I have another laptop using xp,

I found when dns set to 1.1.1.1, my xp laptop can resolve the local
domain which configured in the pdns,

when dns set to 2.2.2.2 , my xp laptop can resole the domain like
www.google.com,

So that means the pdns and the recursor are working.

But when i set the dns to 1.1.1.1 and quering www.google.com it will fail,

So it there any way to check why the pdns did not invoke my recursor?

I have configured "recursor=2.2.2.2:53" in the pdns.conf