[Pdns-users] unwanted SERVFAIL with bind backend

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Fri Jun 28 15:28:02 UTC 2013

Hello Michael,

On Jun 28, 2013, at 17:02 , Matthias Leopold wrote:

> these are the requirements for the process of a zone deletion by nic.at
>
> https://www.nic.at/ui/index.php/zonedel/pagezonedelintro/?lang=en-iso-8859-15
>
> they only talk about REFUSED and NXDOMAIN. in the past i experienced that SERVFAIL indeed doesn't pass their check, so my intended administrative zone deletion requests at nic.at didn't succed. when i asked about NOERROR (which i could produce using "send-root-referral") they pointed me to the above

I see, indeed.

Those requirements are weird. NXDOMAIN is -not- a correct response for "domain not known here", and REFUSED is not the only valid way to say "domain is not known here".

I would suggest taking this up with nic.at, if you can. If you have trouble getting through to the right people there, please let me know.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/