[Pdns-users] mongodb backend

Aki Tuomi cmouse at youzen.ext.b2.fi
Sat Jun 1 21:05:19 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 01, 2013 at 08:55:10PM +0200, fredrik danerklint wrote:
> >The problem is that both pdns and mongodb exports same functions with
> >different implementations:
>
> This is the same problem that I have with the luabackend.
>
> Since PowerDNS links lua directly into to executable, you need
> to run the same lua version in the luabackend aswell.
>
> When I was trying to figure out why I couldn't have the Luabackend
> using version 5.2, it was due to that PowerDNS itself was using
> version 5.1.
>
> Both Lua 5.1 and Lua 5.2 export the same function-names but some
> functions has different parameters/return-values with these two
> versions.
>
> This same problem could also happening for the others backends which
> is included with PowerDNS. It is more or less matter of time.

Not exactly the same problem. In MongoDB's case, the problem is that both
mongodb and polarssl export the same function. This situtation is known as
clash. It would not be a problem if they worked the same way, but unfortunately
they do not, and for the moment, neither mongodb or polarssl author has
renamed their function.

Aki Tuomi