[Pdns-users] mongodb backend

fredrik danerklint fredan-pdns at fredan.org
Sat Jun 1 18:55:10 UTC 2013

> The problem is that both pdns and mongodb exports same functions with
> different implementations:

This is the same problem that I have with the luabackend.

Since PowerDNS links lua directly into to executable, you need
to run the same lua version in the luabackend aswell.

When I was trying to figure out why I couldn't have the Luabackend
using version 5.2, it was due to that PowerDNS itself was using
version 5.1.

Both Lua 5.1 and Lua 5.2 export the same function-names but some
functions has different parameters/return-values with these two
versions.

This same problem could also happening for the others backends which is
included with PowerDNS. It is more or less matter of time.

--
//fredan