[Pdns-users] Slave AXFR not working 100% at high rates

Mohamed Brahimi mohamed.brahimi.ma at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 10:30:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm not an expert myself, but I'll try to help, that might fix your problem:

1st change your pdns.conf of the *slave *with:

   disable-axfr=no

You have it = yes

And then you can notify once again the slaves with the domains that they
were uncompleted by:

*pdns_control notify *test.com

You can create a script (didn't test it :P)

This will notify all concerned slaves for you.

If you don't want the master to notify some slaves, you just remove them
from the ns record
and add the slave name to the *domainmetadata *table of the *master *(This
will notify these slaves even not been in the ns records of a zone).

The latest version of pdns comes with a nice option: (I don't know if they
older version has it, they might).

edit your pdns.conf of the master:

prevent-self-notification=yes

---

Mohamed Brahimi
Infrastructure Engineer and Unix, Linux, Windows Administrator
MVS (z Series), Unix/Linux, Windows
E-mail: mohamed.brahimi.ma at gmail.com