[Pdns-users] Can't resolve NS records

Luca Salvatore Luca at ninefold.com
Fri Jul 19 05:24:33 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I have a weird issue.  I have two name servers configured with NS records.  So the NS records look like this

+------------------+------+------------------+
| name             | type | content          |
+------------------+------+------------------+
| ns3.ninefold.com | NS   | ns3.ninefold.com |
| ns4.ninefold.com | NS   | ns4.ninefold.com |
+------------------+------+------------------+

And i have an A record for each of the above:

+------------------+------+---------------+
| name             | type | content       |
| ns3.ninefold.com | A    | 103.7.166.250 |
| ns4.ninefold.com | A    | 103.7.165.250 |

So it all seems setup correcrtly, but no one can resolve ns3.ninefold.com or ns4.ninefold.com.
Any thoughts why?  All my other A records and everything else resolve without any issues, but for some reason these two dont and I think it is causing me some weird problems...
For the name server config, should I put the IP instead of the name?

Any help would be great.
Thanks.