[Pdns-users] [Help] - Audit the user login & what had been edited in dns record

Bogdan Enache enachebogdan at gmx.com
Mon Jan 21 13:46:26 UTC 2013

Hi Đức,
I'm the original contributor to this facility.

I think that support questions regarding PowerAdmin should be directed
to PowerAdmin site.

And regarding your questions: full audit has not been implemented to
PowerAdmin (tracking modifications, deletions etc).
The original thread about the syslog implementation is here:
https://www.poweradmin.org/trac/ticket/431
The purpose of the changes was to track and ban ip's that try to
brute-force hack their way into the web interface, using fail2ban.

Sending the logs to another file (and not to /var/log/messages): make
sure you read a tutorial on how to redirect syslog facilities to another
files for your distribution.
For example, what you could try:

config.inc.php:
|$syslog_facility = LOG_LOCAL5|;

/etc/syslog.conf:
# Log pdns, pdns recursor
local5.* /var/log/poweradmin.log

Have a nice day.

Bogdan E.

Pe 21.01.2013 11:30, Đức Vinh Hồ a scris: