[Pdns-users] pdns_control hangs

shthead lists at shthead.com
Thu Jan 10 10:59:54 UTC 2013

On 10/01/2013 6:43 PM, Vincent Hoffman wrote:
> looking though the log lines such as
> Jan 10 07:17:13 delphi pdns[31017]: 5046 questions waiting for database
> attention. Limit is 5000, respawning
>
> seem to be disturbingly common, any tuning suggestions? this a pretty
> powerful box with reasonably tuned mysql but plenty of spare resources.

Hello Vince,

I ran into a similar issue at one stage which turned out to be when the
server was getting backed up. It might be worth enabling the slow query
log (if it isn't already enabled) and checking that to see if any
queries happen to be running for a long time when that happens. Also
make sure if the tables are InnoDB that you have a large enough buffer
pool to fit the entire thing in memory, that gives a nice boost. Maybe
if you want a quick overview of how your server is going give this Perl
script a go:

http://mysqltuner.pl

Does it happen periodically or is it a random occurance?

Thanks