[Pdns-users] AXFR chunk with a non-zero rcode 9

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Mon Apr 15 10:12:36 UTC 2013

Hello Javier,

On Apr 15, 2013, at 11:45 , Javier Ruiz wrote:

> I'm trying to debug this error when an AXFR update is received from a
> bind master. All other zones in the same master work properly but this
> one (just changed domain name and master ip):
>
> Apr 15 11:02:27 Initiating transfer of 'mydomain.com' from remote '0.0.0.0'
> Apr 15 11:02:27 No serial for 'mydomain.com' found - zone is missing?
> Apr 15 11:02:27 Unable to AXFR zone 'mydomain.com' from remote '0.0.0.0'
> (resolver): AXFR chunk with a non-zero rcode 9

rcode 9 means 'Not Authoritative' - although PowerDNS sometimes also sends it in 'access denied' situations.

Please try, on your PowerDNS slave:
dig axfr mydomain.com @0.0.0.0
and see what happens.

Also, please don't obfuscate your data like that. 0.0.0.0 looks like a misconfiguration, and we have no way to tell whether that really is the case, or whether you obfuscated in a way that makes it impossible to tell.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/