[Pdns-users] AXFR chunk with a non-zero rcode 9

Javier Ruiz jruiz at hospedajeydominios.com
Mon Apr 15 09:45:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to debug this error when an AXFR update is received from a
bind master. All other zones in the same master work properly but this
one (just changed domain name and master ip):

Apr 15 11:02:27 Initiating transfer of 'mydomain.com' from remote '0.0.0.0'
Apr 15 11:02:27 No serial for 'mydomain.com' found - zone is missing?
Apr 15 11:02:27 Unable to AXFR zone 'mydomain.com' from remote '0.0.0.0'
(resolver): AXFR chunk with a non-zero rcode 9

I can't see any mistake in the zone file in the master side (I use
bind), I even checked using tools like named-checkzone and the zone is ok.

I made a couple tests with weird results:
The bind master is in the supermasters DB, all zones in this master are
updating properly my PowerDNS slave zones. So, I just remove completely
the zone for mydomain.com in powerdns, go to Bind master, make a change
to force the AXFR update and the slave zone is created properly (only
the zone, no records) and then I get the errors above.

Could anyone please help me with this? I spent hours with this and still
don't see it. I even started to think I reached any kind of PowerDNS
limit or similar, we got 12000 zones working flawlessly in this pdns
installation :-D

Thanks in advance!