[Pdns-users] DNS RRL for PowerDNS

Thomas Mieslinger miesi at pc-h.de
Thu Sep 13 13:14:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

I don't really like the idea to add more complexity to powerdns when I
can have a solution right now with using firewall rules in the kernel.

I'm sure it has a considerable performance impact if powerdns needs a
counter with last updated timestamp for each and every source ip. These
lists also need to cleaned regulary from inactive source ips.

Just my 5¢
Thomas