[Pdns-users] DNS RRL for PowerDNS

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu Sep 13 10:11:22 UTC 2012

Hello Klaus,

On Sep 13, 2012, at 12:09 , Klaus Darilion wrote:

> Interesting.
>
> Is the hook executed before or after the caches?

The hook is executed after the caches, currently. I do not feel the current hook implementation is suitable for RRL production; I do think it's a great playground for writing rate limiting scripts. The exact placement of hooks would be based on suggestions and requests from those writing the scripts.

> I am confused about the results in http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-dev/2012-June/001179.html It seems that powerdns is slower without the LUA rate limiting script. What do I miss here?

Not sure - perhaps Mark can clarify.

> Is there also a reliable filtering logic available as LUA script (e.g. similar to the DNS RRL logic)?

I'm not aware of any scripts outside of that thread.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/