[Pdns-users] Automatically delete zones that are deleted on Supermaster

a b tripivceta at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 28 22:13:15 UTC 2012

> > How to get PowerDNS to delete zones that are deleted on a Supermasters?
>
> I don't think that is possible: you'll have to delete zones manually
> from your PowerDNS `domains` and `records` tables.

If I have a large PowerDNS deployment, let us say one supermaster and ten superslaves, I'm expected to connect to each and every one and manually delete the rows from "domains" and "records"?

I have to try it out, but if that is indeed the case, it is impractical.

If I open a ticket for this, what is the chance it would get implemented? "Supermaster" functionality is one of the main reasons we ditched BIND for pdns in the first place...