[Pdns-users] OpenDBX backend in PowerDNS 3.1

Marc Haber mh+pdns-users at zugschlus.de
Sat May 26 15:34:19 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to work with PowerDNS 3.1 and the OpenDBX backend. Both my
PowerDNS and OpenDBX are locally built on Debian unstable, so this may
be a compile error as well. I am a little confused by the
documentation of the PowerDNS OpenDBX backend being documented on the
OpenDBX web page rather than the PowerDNS web page. Who write the
OpenDBX backend in the first place? The PowerDNS or the OpenDBX
makers? Where do I direct wishlist bugs against the OpenDBX backend?

Anyway, here is my configuration:

$ sudo grep -v '^\(#.*\)\?$' /etc/powerdns/pdns.confallow-recursion=127.0.0.1
config-dir=/etc/powerdns
daemon=yes
disable-axfr=yes
guardian=yes
lazy-recursion=yes
local-address=0.0.0.0
local-port=53
module-dir=/usr/lib/powerdns
master=yes
slave=yes
setgid=pdns
setuid=pdns
socket-dir=/var/run
version-string=powerdns
launch=opendbx
opendbx-backend=mysql
opendbx-host-read=127.0.0.1
opendbx-host-write=127.0.0.1
opendbx-port=3306
opendbx-database=pdns
opendbx-username=pdns_ro
opendbx-password=987

When I use the MySQL credentials with a gmysql backend, everything is
fine. When I use them via OpenDBX, all I get are SERVFAILs and log
entries like

May 26 15:26:19 salida pdns[29327]: [OpendbxBackend] execStmt: Unable to execute query - Unknown column 'd.auto_serial' in 'field list'

What does that mean?

Greetings
Marc