[Pdns-users] Running pdns alongside pdns-recursor on the same host

a b tripivceta at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 8 13:38:51 UTC 2012

> in any case, its not really a good idea to have your recursor and
> authoritative DNS servers on the same host...

I  think  this  could  be   (somewhat)   mitigated   by   running
pdns_recursor  on  127.0.0.1  and only allowing recursive queries
from pdns_server on the same host, and let noone else talk to the
recursor directly.

For outward-facing DNS, I would use just pdns_server without  any
recursor;  that  way,  there  is  no  possibility for an external
resolver to get pdns_server to recurse.