[Pdns-users] Cannot comply pdns-recursor-3.3 in Solaris 10 sparc

a b tripivceta at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 5 13:59:52 UTC 2012

> On 06/03/2012 05:06 PM, Peter van Dijk wrote:
> >
> > In general, if there is no ticket for an issue, it is unlikely to get attention. If you can confirm
> > that these problems still exist (as Juraj Lutter seems to disagree), please file a detailed ticket.

OK, that is good to know. I will open a ticket in the future.

> There are no issues with Solaris 10/SPARC at the moment, neither general
> nor SPARC-specific.

The issue I ran into was building Boost on sparc: I was  able  to
build  it  fine  with  Sun  Studio  12  u2  compilers, but when I
attempted  to do the same  with  GCC,  the  "bjam"  build  system
assumed I was using GNU ld, and it was a spectacular fail. It was
like crashing  into reinforced  concrete  wall  at  200  km/h.  I
opened a ticket with the Boost developers, but they too were com-
pletely stomped. Versions I tried were 1.37 and 1.38.

The pdns_recursor issue, as documented on this  mailing  list  by
Mr.  Hubert  pertains to 64-bit pdns_recursor binary on the i86pc
platform: if the binary is  not  built   manually   as   detailed
before, it will immediately dump core upon startup.

> The most important thing is:
>
> Do NOT use gcc from /usr/sfw, it will break things. Use GCC4 from, for
> example, OpenCSW.

If you do not mind  sharing,  would  you  please   describe   the
issues  you  ran into with the stock GCC in more detail? It would
be much appreciated.