[Pdns-users] Cannot comply pdns-recursor-3.3 in Solaris 10 sparc

a b tripivceta at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 1 14:55:36 UTC 2012

> I need an help on compling pdns-recursor-3.3 in Solaris 10.
>
> I have installed the boost, please still cannot make it works.
>
> is anyone can provide a procedure for me to proceed further?

Here it is, it took a while to locate, even with knowing what  to
look for:

http://mailman.powerdns.com/pipermail/pdns-users/2010-September/007018.html

gcc  -g -funit-at-a-time -O3 -m64 -I/export/home/ahu/boost_1_39_0
hugefile.cc aes*c  -o pdns_recursor -Wl,-Bstatic -lstdc++ -lgcc
-Wl,-Bdynamic -static-libgcc -lm -lc  -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -ldl

Take out "-Wl,-Bstatic -lstdc++ -lgcc -Wl,-Bdynamic -static-libgcc" and build pdns_recursor as follows:

gcc  -g -funit-at-a-time -O3 -m64 -I/path/to/boost
hugefile.cc aes*c  -o pdns_recursor
-lm -lc -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -ldl

Note that "-lc" is listed, but if my memory serves me,  one  does
not  even  need  that.  Make  sure  to  use  stock Solaris GCC in
/usr/sfw/bin. I compiled pdns_recursor on Solaris 10 u3  and  u8,
so  I  know  those work. Solaris 10 updates earlier than u3 might
work, but I have not tested this.

Boost 1.39 does not work in combination with pdns_*  on  Solaris,
so use version 1.38, which does work.